Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Class

The first day of class showed me that I can expect a great deal of interesting things in the future.  I really enjoyed how it is very discussion based and how the class actively participates in it rather than simply watching.

The broken bust and clown head may have been my favorite pieces shown due to just how much perspective changes how they look.  As someone who once enjoyed puzzles quite a bit seeing artwork that needed to be rearranged by moving around it and looking at it in the right way really caught my attention.  But the paper stop motion was really captivating as well and is something I could really show to other people.  The amount of time and precision needed for that video is really mind blowing.  I have done some work with 2D and 3D animation and the time that it takes to arrange the props and frames in the proper way can be incredibly time consuming for only a small character movement and that is with the help of a computer.  Doing this entire thing with handmade cut-outs is a task I don't think I could do.

I am really excited to see what else we will be viewing and working on in the future of this course.  I expect to see many things I have never even thought of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment