Monday, March 4, 2013

Grid Project

So of the three pictures I posted the other day which did I finally decide on making into grid art?  The answer: technically none of them but sort of the second one.  I planned on using the Doctor Who/Pulp Fiction crossover but when I started I noticed that it was impossible to distinguish their faces and the sonic screwdrivers were indistinguishable from their arms.  So I figured it would be best to base it off of the original picture from Pulp Fiction.


So my plan was to shade in the grid paper with a sharpie and leave the white portions uncolored for a distinct contrast.  To make it easier to determine where to shade and what to leave blank I took the picture into Photoshop and lined up a grid with the same 40 by 50 square dimensions as the cut paper.  


Then I marked where to leave blank on a test paper before actually shading.


Finally I cut a new piece of grid paper and began outlining and shading the picture to match the test paper.  


The end result turned out about exactly how I wanted, although a white paint or white-out may have made it pop even more.  Still I feel I made a picture that people could easily match to the original as long as they are at least somewhat familiar with the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment